Have a Seat

April 2018

Patience Smatience.

Yep, I know we don't have kitchen measurements yet.  Did that stop me from picking kitchen cabinets and a layout?  Nope.

Again yes, I know we don't have dining room measurements yet. Bet you can guess what I did.  Bingo! I bought a dining table.

The cabin is compact so every square inch is as valuable as ocean-front property in Maui.  That means everything must be sized appropriately, be efficient, and serve multiple functions if possible. We need a dining table that can be extended to seat up to 8 but don't want to store a table leaf somewhere.  So the search was on for a dining table that has a self-containing leaf.

I scoured the internet for this magical unicorn - rustic Scandinavian modern style (whatever that is), butterfly or self-storing leaf, seats up to 8 reasonable well, not too big, and not a budget breaker.  Let me tell ya - there aren't many options out there.

Good ol' IKEA has some.  Glivarp is glass - I hate cleaning glass tables and it looks very modern so that one was quickly kicked out of the club.  The other was the Bjursta table but I wasn't crazy about the colors available.

So the search was on.  My inner cheapskate told me to keep an eye out on Craigslist.  Several options, styles, sizes, and prices were found.  I scored a great deal on this walnut table, and then immediately had buyers remorse panic.  After some deep breaths and more measuring, I realized the size would be great - not too big, not too small - and the style can work.




Next we need seating.  I have a few ideas on what would look good, be comfortable, and stay within budget.  The chair options below come in several colors - white, black, turquoise, and blonde wood are the just some that could work.  We may also incorporate a bench that doubles as storage.

Which one is your favorite?


Eames Style Harrison Chair



West Elm Scoop Back Chair



Wishbone Chairs


Zola Chairs

Comments

Popular Posts